Not quite as exciting as some previous posts (actually, were any of them exciting?!) but we’ve now completed all of the upgrading and decorating works for the building and have moved into the final stages, with only 15 days left before we open.
The work has now shifted to the finer details. All of the bar and kitchen equipment is being delivered this week and I’ve spent most of the weekend installing cabling for the CCTV, telephones and other systems. I now feel like I know the attic at The Square better than I know my mum’s house. We wish we could run a business without CCTV but it’s a necessary evil these days, not only to ensure the safety of all your little treasures and fulfill our child protection obligations, but also to deal with the practicalities of having a property on a main road (see previous Facebook posts about smashed windows)!
By the middle of this week we should have no more people on site other than Anna and I (and maybe my helper, who has been doing a stirling job tidying up the exterior areas in the last week or so) and then the real countdown begins to opening day, which will also involve a not-inconsiderable amount of cleaning. It’s amazing just how much mess accumulates!
You’ll be glad to hear that there won’t be many more of these mini-blog posts, as we’ll hopefully be far too busy after opening for me to mess around on t’internet 🙂
PS. I’m just wondering who reads these blogs? So, if YOU do, as a little reward for the effort involved, I’m offering free entry on our opening day to the first 10 people who respond to this, along with a free drink for all children/adults in your group! All you have to do is read the following rules and respond accordingly:
- Send a Message to our Facebook page to say you’ve read the blog and are claiming your free gift.
- The free entry/drink are for (up to) 2 adults & 2 children on Monday 9th May
- You should obviously be available to visit on our opening day (Mon 9th May). If you’re not, please tell a friend (quickly!) or leave the chance open for somebody else.
- If you win, you’ll receive a message back from me (Steve) within a few days, with details of your free gift. If you don’t get a reply then you weren’t in the first 10 responses, sorry.
- Please check the comments on the Facebook post that directed you here before messaging us, as we’ll make a comment once the 10 people have been picked.
- Good luck!